So I was planning to get a new lawnmower, preferably a gas one. But due to my finicky nature, I just couldn’t lay my hands on any random product. After conducting thorough research and taking note of all the details, I decided on Husqvarna 7021P gas lawnmower.
This product is described as a rugged mower designed for demanding work. This push lawn mower is not only compact but is also equipped with wheels which makes it easier to maneuver even in tight spaces.
It also comes with soft grip handles that can be folded for easy storage and transportation. Last but not least, it provides you with three modes including mulching, bagging, and side discharge (second to only the Honda HRX217K5VKA which is a 4 in 1 lawnmower).
Who should use this Product?
Husqvarna 7021P is a gas-based lawn mower which is intended to give a great performance. I wanted a lawnmower that is powerful and full of features.
What better than a gas-powered lawnmower? It is for a fact, we know that gas-powered mowers any day deliver a powerful performance than an electric unit. Also, I didn’t want to feel restricted with an electric mower.
Working with this gas unit means, you can move it around freely without being restricted by a cord or short battery life. You can use this gas mower for clearing larger spaces. Although I have a medium-sized lawn, I still feel happy to have got this one.
My main motive to get this product was to try a powerful gas mower at an affordable rate. I was desperately looking for an option that could offer me both performance and affordability and this one seems to get close enough to my requirements.
I would say, this is the perfect option for those who are looking for an affordable mower with great power. You cannot beat a gas mower with any other type.
I would suggest you go for this model if you have a larger lawn or backyard to cater to. After all, it is designed for large spaces and more power.
What you should know?
I got interested in this product in the first place because of all the attractive features it has to offer (no wonder it is one of the best gas lawnmowers for 2021). Yup, it is packed with features and you definitely want to read about them below.
1) It is equipped with Honda GCV Engine which performs quite well. I am not exaggerating, when I say, “it runs smooth as butter.” It makes use of an auto choke system which makes it convenient to use. You don’t have to prime it. All I had to do was pull the cord and the engine would start. With just one pull, you can get the machine running. I know gas mowers often have a bad reputation because of the starting issues but with this one you don’t have to face any such thing. This engine is designed to run smoothly for seasons to come.
2) It is equipped with a 3 in 1 Cutting System which makes it an efficient option. There are three cutting modes that you can try with this unit. This includes side discharge, mulching, and bagging. I would say that this mower comes prepared for all types of situations. This is one of the best things about this unit according to me.
3) For increased convenience, this mower also comes with wheels which seems to be quite impressive, at least that’s what I felt. The wheels are designed with double ball bearings which makes it easier for you to push the machine. I could feel the difference when pushing the mower. It also has larger rear wheels which further makes it easier for you to move it around.
4) All the previous mowers, I used either had handles that are too long or short. But this one makes me happy with its versatile handle. With this machine, it feels comfortable to mow your lawn. You are provided with four different settings for the handlebar means you can choose the setting that makes you more comfortable. The handles can be folded for easy storage and transportation. The handles are also padded which makes it nice and comfortable to work with. However, the quality of the padding is questionable.
5) The majority of the mowers you see are a little weak where the deck connects to the wheel. The brackets use to connect the wheels are constructed out of thin metal. This may get damaged due to overuse. Therefore, you need to be very careful about this and maintain it nicely. Apart from this, I don’t have any complaints about the quality of the build of the unit.
6) The unit has a pretty standard cutting height. It comes with six different settings that range from as low as 1.5 inches to 3.5 inches. Well, this is nothing really special as almost every mower has the same setting. Most lawn mowers these days are designed with one lever system which allows you to simultaneously change the cutting height of all the four wheels. But with this one, you have to change the cutting height individually for each of the wheels. This is a kind of a drawback for this mower. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed in the beginning but you will eventually get used to it.
Just like all the other mowers, even Husqvarna 7021P comes with its pros and cons. Overall, the machine is a decent one and I quite like it. If you are willing to adjust with the few minor negatives, then you can go for this model. No mower in the market has zero flaws so why not opt for this one?
My First Impressions
Ok so about my first impression, as I said, I was desperately looking for a gas-powered mower. At first glance, I was pretty intrigued to know more about this product. It seemed to be pretty good to me and it did turn out to be good.
If you ask me about the looks of the machine, it is pretty normal. There is nothing that impressive. But looks hardly matters when you are getting a powerful mower to perform. The combination of orange, black and grey seemed to be just about right for me. Also, I am not the kind of person who digs for looks, I am more into features. After all, it’s the performance that matters the most.
You would expect that this decent looking product would give you a decent performance. But that’s not the case. It felt great to push the machine around on the lawn. It is smooth to maneuver the machine which is the first thing, I liked about it. Unlike other models, you hardly have to put to push the machine. With four wheels, it moves as smooth as butter.
Also, it was really easy to start the machine. It took me just one pull to get it started. For all of you who think that all gas mowers are the same, I would dare you to try this one. With its easy start system, you can get the machine started in seconds. There’s no room for any struggle to start the machine.
Coming to the cutting ability, it is great to work with this machine.it provides you with plenty of power, just as I expected. This makes your work much easier. What other mowers would take an hour to complete, you can get it done much faster with this model. With the three cutting modes, you can choose according to your needs. Also, the adjustable handle height makes it all the more convenient for you to use the machine.
With this gas mower, I no longer have to struggle with cords and power outlets. One pull and that’s all it needs to serve you. What I mean is that you don’t have to stay restricted with your movement or fear of the battery running out of charge. It can serve you long before you get to refuel your gas tank.
As far as performance is concerned, it delivers plenty of power, just what I needed. Due to its compact size, I can even reach the tight spaces easily. In short, this is one of the best gas-powered units on the market.
I would rate Husqvarna 7021P 4.5/5 because of its performance and features. For a gas mower to get 4.5 ratings is great. Considering its performance, I would say that it did pay full value to my money. You usually don’t get what you pay for but with Husqvarna 7021P, I got exactly what they promised for.
Except for a few minor drawbacks here and there, this machine makes a great choice. If you have a big or mid-size lawn, then you can consider opting for this product. It is designed to give you powerful performance for years to come.
Other Gas Lawn Mowers Worth the Read: